Deepak Chopra, on aging:
Q: How can I reverse my body aging?
A: There are three types of aging – chronological age (which is your age according to your date of birth), biological age (which is measured by looking at certain bio markers), and psychological age (which is dependent on your attitude.)
It is now known that psychological age correlates more closely to biological age than chronological age. If you have the attitude that you get better as you grow older in every way – physically, emotionally, spiritually and socially, then you will age in a much more graceful manner.
The well known biological markers of aging include: blood pressure, bone density, body temperature regulation, basal metabolic rate, immune function, sugar tolerance, muscle mass, muscle strength, skin thickness (amount of wrinkles) immune function, and sex hormone levels.
If you want to slow down or even reverse these bio markers of aging, then practice one or more of the following:
1. Change your perception of time. Don't be in a hurry.
2. Get restful sleep.
3. Eat fresh, nutritious food.
4. Take at least two multivitamins with minerals every day.
5. Practice a mind body technique such as yoga or tai chi.
6. Exercise regularly.
7. Don't put toxins in your life, including toxic food, toxic emotions, toxic relationships, and avoid toxic environments or toxic relationships.
8. Have a flexible attitude to minor hassles.
9. Look at so-called problems as opportunities.
10. Nurture loving relationships.
11. Always have an attitude of curiosity, learning, and wonder and spend time with children.
I would add the following practices:
Drink water that has been treated appropriately to remove contaminants.
Breathe clean fresh air.
May you live long and prosper.
James P McMahon Ecologist
"What's in YOUR Water?"
To view my experience and credentials:
Return to the
* * *
Sweetwater, LLC 375 Cedar Tree Drive, Brookside, UT 84782